Friday, September 26, 2008

Dewey Defeats Truman! (?)


Take a look at this post from Daily KOS that contains a screenshot of an advertisement about McCain winning tonight's debate. LONG before it takes place. Are you kidding me?! Could this be yet another Republican prematurely declaring "mission accomplished"?

It's been brought to my attention (thanks Elizabeth) that this image may be carried over from a 2007 campaign advertisement. The Daily KOS site appears to show the add on a present-day news article in the Washington Post, but it's possible someone has been up to some Photoshop mischief. I guess we'll have to see if someone can provide proof one way or another.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

i hate to (sort of) burst this bubble, but the mccain blog entry is dated 11/28/2007. not that that has anything to do with the ad that has already been produced and ready to begin airing late tonight. that's still sleazy. :)

Erik said...

Thanks Elizabeth, I made a couple of modifications to the post. I forgot the old saying that goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Still, with the way the McCain campaign has been acting lately, I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some truth to this.