Tuesday, October 28, 2008

(More) Signs of Desperation

How do you know when you've reached a new low in mudslinging? What would be a good sign that you a squandering your last scraps of integrity and political legitimacy in pursuit of the presidency? When telemarketers refuse to read your trash.

Some three dozen workers at a telemarketing call center in Indiana walked off the job rather than read an incendiary McCain campaign script attacking Barack Obama, according to two workers at the center and one of their parents.

For all I know, this could turn out to be false. Either that or I'm not giving telemarketers enough credit these days.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I read about this somewhere last week I think... it was in an op-ed by a former telemarketer. At that time, it was just one guy. More power to them!!

Sarah said...

here it is, from the nyt:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/opinion/23collins.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=telemarketer%20op%20ed&st=cse&oref=slogin