Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stay Cool, Everybody. We're Almost There.

Here we go!

After months of semi-obsessive monitoring of this great democratic process (we won't argue about the level of greatness of the process itself), we are within sight of the finish line. I want to thank everyone for making this blog so much fun, and for making it a discussion, rather than just me tossing out opinions and ideas. 127 posts and many comments from its beginning, I'd like to think we all have been able to use this site as a coping mechanism of sorts. It's nice to be associated with people who "get it".

So... take a deep breath or two. Grab some snacks. If anyone has any good ideas for election-themed foods, let us know. The show is about to begin, and the critics say we're going to like it. Keep your fingers crossed!

Joe Biden, yesterday in Lee's Summit: "They are calling Barack Obama every name in the book, but ladies and gentlemen, listen to me closely. Tomorrow night they will be calling Barack Obama something else. The 44th President of the United States."

2 comments:

gloria said...

Many thanks to you, Erik, for your insightful commentaries, and to everyone else for all of your amazing contributions. This has been a lifeline, and I am truly blessed to have such wise children who see the big picture. I'll be watching the computer at work tonight - maybe much won't happen until I get home at 9:00, but if early results point to an Obama win, that's a good problem for me to have.

Alison said...

Great idea! This blog really helped alleviate election anxiety.

What a fabulous night it was--I slept through most of it but woke up just minutes before McCain conceded. Obama's got his work cut out for him, for sure. God, it's a tough road ahead, but I have faith in him.