Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Trails

Well, there's a new sheriff in town and it seems like the time is right for this blog to ride off into the sunset. I'm very happy to say that I'm just not inspired to blog about politics on a daily basis like I once was, and I can tell from the lack of posts that you are all feeling much the same way. You see, when the election was over something inside me was exorcised.

There's no more burning desire to rant against the outrageous way the Neocons are ruining my country. That may have something to do with the fact that the Neocons are no longer capable of doing so. Take a moment to savor that truth.

If you are anything like me (and I think you are), then I'll bet you see this country in a completely different manner. It's like the end of a bad horror movie when the survivors walk squinting into the sunlight and realize that they made it through. It feels pretty good.

I'll leave the blog up for another week or so while I decide what, if anything comes next. At that point, I'll delete The Blog to Nowhere and consider starting something new and less political. I really enjoyed our running discussion -- this blog benefitted heavily from a quality collection of minds. If you are still checking back and would like to leave a parting message, feel free to do so.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Thanks for hosting this blog, Erik, it was a lot of fun.

No matter what, be sure to archive the entire blog somewhere! I'm sure you'll want to peek through it sometime in the future.

(Let me know if you need help doing this.)

La Honna said...

Hi Im new to bloging and found you by clicking on my auburn ks. I just started mine, I would like to hear what you have to say about the times were living in.

come back to bloging...