
Excuse my language, but here is a small list of things that pissed me off today...
1. Cindy McCain's assertion that John didn't suffer mentally from his Vietnam experience (PTSD), because he was well-trained, and that other soldiers who had problems would have been fine if they'd just had good training. Now it is the rest of us who have a "cold chill" running through our body. That's weapons-grade ignorance, right there. I truly hope someone takes an opportunity to educate her in a very public manner, and I pray for her son's safety and swift return so she doesn't have to learn about PTSD the hard way like so many others.
2. Sarah Palin's accusation that Obama isn't telling the American people the "total truth" about his relationship with Bill Ayers. For her to assure us that he is witholding information means that she surely has evidence of something Obama isn't disclosing, right? Otherwise, it's little more than politically-enabled slander. I am dying for someone to ask her what, precisely, she thinks he's hiding. If she said anything more specific than "gosh, iddaknow, but you can bet it's pretty darn bad" I'd be floored.
3. The descent into madness that is the McCain mob. Yes, it's starting to look and sound more like that kind of mob. Someone managed to catch some documentary-style footage of the people heading into a couple of recent events, and the results are absolutely chilling. I'm not exaggerating. To borrow a phrase I heard today, perhaps McCain would rather lose a country than lose an election. They are feeding this frenzy, and they need to put a stop to it before it becomes something even more frightening and dangerous. You just have to see it to believe it...
1 comment:
It occurs to me that this fear and hatred, while definitely stoked by McPalin, really stems from all the mind games Bush played with the American people after 9/11. They used the horror of that event to advance their agendas in every way possible (if you don't let me declare war without Congress' consent, the terr'ists will getcha/How can you be a patriot if you don't support the Patriot Act), and what we're seeing is a bit of a trickle-down effect. I will never understand how so many people swallowed that crap, and it defies all reason that they're still hanging onto it for dear life. I guess that kind of mind control is hard to shake off once it's been programmed into you, even after Bush was exposed as the clown that he is. It makes me think of that X Files episode where the government developed some kind of nerve gas that made people paranoid, and disguised it in asthma inhalers. Of course, Mulder stopped them before they released it on the city of Baltimore. Where am I going with this? "I want to believe" that the person who yelled "Kill her" when asked about the rape kit really didn't mean it, they were programmed to say that.
Post a Comment