Maybe Kansas can be blue for the next few days anyway:
From SurveyUSA:
In an election for President of the United States in Kansas today, Republican John McCain defeats Democrat Barack Obama 53% to 41%, according to this SurveyUSA pre-election poll conducted exclusively for KWCH-TV Wichita and KCTV-TV Kansas City. Compared to an identical poll released one month ago, the race is unchanged. Compared to an identical poll released two months ago, McCain is down 5 points; Obama is up 6 points.
15% of Kansas voters say they have already voted in early or absentee balloting; among those voters, Obama leads by 10 points. Among those who have not yet voted, but who SurveyUSA determines are most likely to vote before election day, McCain leads by 15 points. When the two groups are combined, McCain leads by 12.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't tease me. Ever since I had it pointed out to me that if the same percentage of Kansans voted for Obama that voted for Sebelius, Obama would win, I've had this terrible quixotic fantasy about what could be.
Based upon what I saw at the polls a couple of days ago, I totally believe that Obama has the edge with early voters. I was really pleased to see how large and diverse the crowd was. I'm talking all kinds of diversity -- age, race, socioeconomic, you name it.
I guess I have until Tuesday to enjoy the possibility that we've started on the path to being more like the progressive and civil-rights-minded Kansans that founded this state. How did we go from Red Legs to Red State? The idea that Obama might win Missouri and has little or no chance in Kansas seems a little upside down, given the historical context. If Obama wins Missouri, I'll tip my hat toward the state line.
let me tell you, it is CLOSE over here. all we can do at this point is make phone calls and knock on doors, and i've been doing a lot of both this week and last. it is so cool to see people get so excited over how much of an impact missouri could actually make on tuesday. i'm really beginning to believe obama can pull off a W in the show-me state.
Post a Comment