Thursday, October 30, 2008

Any Fool Can Vote


I was watching some of Chris Matthews' show tonight, and he had for his "Big Number", the percentage of registered voters in Texas (from a statewide poll of 550 people) that truly believe Obama is Muslim. The number?.. 23%! That's right, 23% of registered voters polled in Texas say they truly believe it.

Obama likes to use the line that "Any fool can have a child, it's the courage to raise that child that makes you a father". Well, the same can be said for voters. Any fool can vote. It's the commitment to understand the issues and learn about the candidates that makes you a good citizen.

Neil -- looks like you may need to make a few calls to your neighbors.

3 comments:

Neil said...

At least one of those 23% is my barber.

Alison said...

A high school friend of mine believes that he just might be the Antichrist. I had to block her e-mail address.

She sent me that stupid forward, and every time it made that assertion, it said, "if you don't agree, just delete this." That made me angrier than anything. That's like me telling someone I can spout off about any ignorant and unfounded opinion I may have, but we can't have a discussion about it -- you just have to walk away if you don't like it. What does that tell you? In that instance, it tells you that I know what I'm saying is wrong but I don't care. Such a pathetic cop-out.

elizabeth said...

alison, i'm with you. that was the first e-mail i actually hit "reply all" to, and i felt so good after i did it. i'm not inclined to argue with a mccain supporter if they have genuine, issue-related disagreements with obama; that stuff can't be resolved easily, but the ignorant muslim, socialist, terrorist, etc. claims cross the line in terms of human rights and the rights of american citizens.

btw - if all these whack-jobs are so convinced obama is the antichrist, why aren't they all voting for him to speed along the return of christ? :)