Sunday, November 2, 2008

Responses from phonebanking

I decided to put off my schoolwork for an hour and do some phonebanking instead. If McCain wins and implements a spending freeze, I would be wasting my time on this fellowship application anyway! If the university loses funding, I can't go to school anymore, so this was the best thing for me to do to further my education. :) Here are a few of the responses I got from Missouri voters:

Sarah: "Do you know who you'll be supporting for president?"

Voter 1: "Yes I do, and it will be Barack Obama! My entire family and I will be at that poll rain or shine."

Voter 2: "We are supporting Obama. I just wish this was all over -- we really NEED him to win! We've been screwed over by the last administration: we're older folks, and our life savings is gone, we've lost our health care coverage, and I can't wait for Obama to get in there and straighten this country out. We sure appreciate all that you're doing, and thank you for your hard work."

Voter 3: [yelling] "No way in hell am I voting for that nigger!!" (not joking.)

Voter 4: "Well, I don't know yet but I can tell you I ain't voting for no terrorist or no baby killer. Obama is a baby killer! And he's a terrorist. So I guess I only got one other choice."

Voter 5: "Obama... Keep up the great work!"



Overall, many more positive responses than negative ones. Phonebanking is SO EASY! You can pick where you want to call, and it gives you a good script and everything. If you haven't done it yet, I encourage you to give it a try:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/makecalls

2 days to go!!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

i wholeheartedly agree with this. i knocked on over 100 doors yesterday, and i went home with such a great feeling. if you have even an hour or two today or tomorrow, your help is greatly needed. this is it. after tomorrow there is no "i could have done more." for you local kansans, the KCMO headquarters is at 31st and gillham. let's get to work! :)