Sunday, November 2, 2008

Closing Remarks

I voted last week just in case Baby Rogers decided to arrive early and keep me away from the polls on Tuesday. As a result, I already have this feeling of finality and retrospect about the election. (It was so long!) I find that my thoughts keep going back to how an election can reduce the weak candidates to wallowing in a puddle of hypocrisy, lies, fear mongering and general immaturity. You know them by their attempts to scare the gullible into voting for them. Erik's last post was a clear example of that. The "Obama is the Antichrist according to Revelation" e-mail I received from a friend is another. The repeated use of Obama's middle name, the Ayers dead horse (or moose, if you will), the list goes on and on. I saw a Fox News poll this morning that showed a majority of respondents believed that their taxes would increase only if Obama was elected. Why? Because McCain lied to them and told them so, and after all, isn't that just something that the Antichrist would do? Oh, sure, maybe they only polled the upper class--I wouldn't put it past them. Back to my point: Here's my short list of candidates/politicians/pundits and other players who should forever hide their heads in shame, win or lose, for their disgraceful conduct and back-handed tactics.

The Obvious: John "Don't pay any attention to the fact that I also have assosciations with both of the 'terrorists' I accused my opponent of consorting with" McCain. He's for CHANGE, my friends, doesn't his past voting record make that crystal clear? And don't forget: our national security will be compromised and we'll all be in grave danger if we elect that outsider. (Be sure to check out Joe's new country album!) Does anyone else think he talks exactly like that obnoxious lady on the Spangles commercials?

The Other Obvious: Palin. I don't even know where to start, or where to end for that matter. Her past actions as mayor and then governor speak to her leadership style, and the extent to which she'll go to get what she wants. She has more poorly hidden agendas than Cheney, I'd be willing to wager. How, HOW can she pull out that Albright quote about women supporting (HELPING) other women when she makes rape victims pay to have evidence gathered against their attackers. Helen was right about her!

Joe. It's been found that he would actually get a tax break if Obama is elected (because he, you guessed it, lied about his career and his intention to buy a business), yet there he goes, making even more of an idiot out of himself by saying that a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel. Which by the way is totally groundless.

Elizabeth "Liddy" Dole. Was she always like this? Her campaign reached a point so dirty and nasty with that "Godless" ad that she's getting sued! Kay Hagan is a Sunday School teacher and an elder at her church. And it's not just that ad--she's been going for the jugular for months.

Robin "Liberals hate real Americans that work and achieve and believe in God" Hayes. Lie about it, get caught saying it on video, then try to say that it came out wrong. Well, I for one can certainly see how that comment could be easily misconstrued. Give the guy a break.

Sean Hannity. Such a sad, angry little man. But he has no shame and there's very little hope that some day he'll look in the mirror and see the truth instead of the superhero he thinks he is. Rush Limbaugh falls into the same category, along with Ann Coulter and Rudy Guilianni. I'm just going to let them all descend deeper into their hole of hatred.

Feel free to add your "worst persons." Mine don't even scratch the surface. McCain/Palin: If you are elected--may you always remember to what you resorted in order to win. Losers--may the fact that you might have won had you behaved like adults always haunt you.

Obama Pictures and McCain Pictures

No comments: